Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Now and Then




It is hard to believe that three months ago I was being wheeled into the operating room to have an emergency c-section. My baby wasn't moving and his heart rate was dropping. I had several contractions as they were getting me ready for the surgery. Needless to say, I was terrified! The doctors had no idea as to why the baby was in trouble. We weren't sure what condition he was going to be in when he was born. The doctors were able to get him out in a matter of minutes. He weighed 4 lbs. 1 oz. and was 17 inches long. Torin stayed in the NICU for 3.5 weeks. There was no sign of health problems during his stay in the hospital. In fact, the nurses and doctors were impressed with how active and healthy he was considering he was born 7 weeks and two days early.
Now, Torin is a happy three-month-old. He eats around 6-8 ounces per feeding. Just last weekend he smiled for the first time. (Since he is a premie, his developmental milestones occur later that most babies.) He is a very content baby. The only times he gets upset is when he wants his food and to be held. We are very happy that our little monkey is happy and healthy. I will post more pictures of Evan and Torin as soon as I get a chance to.







No comments: